The Mindful Coach
Doug's pioneering book, The Mindful Coach: Seven Roles for Facilitating Leader Development, is the first to specifically integrate the practice of self-awareness with a logical and pragmatic approach to developing one's coaching skills. Written for managers, executives, coaches, consultants, and educators, the book speaks to any professional responsible for the learning and development of others.
The Septet Model describes seven key roles that any such professional plays in fostering their learning, growth, and change. With lots of exercises, sample dialogues, and practical models for application, The Mindful Coach offers a systematic approach for developing your sensitivity and effectiveness as a coach. Click here to read excerpts. After reading this book, you will:
- be more self-aware as a coach of others,
- coach with new methods and tools,
- apply familiar methods more consciously and effectively,
- internalize a language for understanding, sharing, and managing the development process, and
- foster self-mastery for both people in any development relationship.
Preview the new and revised edition with this complimentary pdf download of foreword by Marshall Goldsmith, preface, and Chapter 3.
Download Peer Resources Network review.
The new and revised edition of The Mindful Coach was released February 2010.
- You can order on Amazon.com
- Presence-Based Coaching 1: Participant Manual. Contains significant new material not included in the book, as well as worksheets and exercises. eBook format; $29.95.
- To download a complete set of exercises and templates from The Mindful Coach, please subscribe, and visit the Exercises and Practices page in the private Subscribers section